> About supervision vs. childcare, we have lots of free supervised
> playgrounds here which do not offer child care, and and I have no
> experience with staffed child care facilties at malls etc. But for me
> amenity=kindergarten seems to be an good match to child_care you would
> have in a mall.

I know this tag has been at times contentious in the past, due to cultural
and linguistic issues, but some people at least are starting to use
amenity=childcare. According to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dchildcare, it's for a
place where amenity=kindergarten doesn't seem appropriate, for example
because there's no educational component. I think staffed child care at
malls (or at Ikea) would be a case where this would apply.

Brad