> but some people at least are starting to use amenity=childcare.
Please don't link to tags without proposals they are meaningless without
actual data/definition. No reason to discuss them here.

kids_area=* is clearly defined as more advanced leisure=playground in the
proposal.

I will use this tag for malls and shops, fast_foods and restaurants, it
perfectly makes sense and not because it's "indoor". But
because equipment is different from what you will see at regular
"leisure=playground" _without_ kids_area=*. This
schema perfectly makes sense in some territories, you just need live there
to understand it.