I mostly met them on tennis courts.

For my common understanding, I would be able to break through a net with
a sharp knife while I would struggle to do so with a fence. This would
still fit with material=* but isn't there a difference in construction
between fence and net where the first is free standing where the second
one is tied up.

Wonder how a net could fit under fence in foreign languages or if it is
much easier to have an own main value for it.

cu fly