Hi,

> *removed:*
>
>   * (features that do not exist anymore or never existed but are
>     commonly seen on other sources)
>
> I propose to remove the part "or never existed but are commonly seen on
> other sources", because this has nothing to do with "removed".

Frankly, a feature that does not exist anymore has no place in OSM in my
opinion.

If there used to be a castle and now there's a ruin, then we tag that as
a ruin (with potential add-on info about its former castle status).

If there used to be a building but all that is left is a clearing in the
forest, then the clearing will be in OSM, and not a building with a
lifecycle tag of "removed".

Bye
Frederik