On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 08:43 +0100, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> Yes, my opinion is that all highway=proposed should be removed.

I think this is an absolutely awful idea.

> "after it is obvious the proposed road will never be built" sounds
> nice but
> always there will be somebody convinced that proposal is real. For
> example
> my city has multiple proposed roads - that are in official planes for
> decades
> (one since at least 1960s), with start of construction "within 25
> years" since
> initial proposal.

If the proposal was from between 1960 and 1969, "within 25 years" would
have been no later than the end of 1994, possibly as early as 1985. So
on those, I would be okay with removal unless construction suddenly
becomes imminent, because we are long past that point. On newer
proposals, maybe a grace period of 3 months to a year after the stated
construction time frame, then get rid of it. If it's built later it can
always be re-added.

I have a fair amount of proposed roads in my area too, but the freeways
which were proposed decades ago and not only were never built, but
almost certainly never will be, never were added to OSM. I probably
should research the others to see what the statuses of the respective
proposals are now, especially those that have been sitting there a
while.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skqu...@rushpost.com>