Many thanks Jo!

Volker also suggests that I should see how things are mapped in other major
cities, and so I'll do.

So you confirm that there isn't an established way of expressing the
tram-in-road relationship?

The use of the street relation has been suggested by a fellow member of the
italian discussion group. It's not clear from the wiki, however, if this
relation can be used for associating railways to highways for a single road
segment (from crossroads to crossroads) or is meant for associating
everything which belongs to a single street (so all the railways and
highways which belong to the same street).

I'll investigate further.

Many thanks!

Sig