> On Feb 6, 2015, at 8:03 PM, Kotya Karapetyan <kotya.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) +1 to drop Kelvins.
>
> 2) heated/cooled is a nice idea, but I wouldn't like seeing too many
> top level tags.

Danger-cold
cold
cool
mild
warm
hot
danger-hot

I don’t think is unreasonable if we’re going to have qualitative tags, to have
7 values. there needs to be a distinction between something that is
uncomfortably hot and dangerously hot. (AKA a hot springs and a steam pipe).

You can’t have “cold mild hot” as the only qualitative/ subjective tags,
because the extremes and values in between are common descriptions of items in
a qualatiative sense = “That steam pipe is dangerously hot” "that desert cave
is mild inside” “The mountain hut is warm inside" "That hot springs is hot but
enjoyable” They may be qualitative, but is verifiable to some degree, and
useful if there is no exact temperature known, or it varies in a predictable
range (hot springs water is often “danger-hot”, though the temperature goes up
and down with earthquakes and other geologic activity - but 90C and 95C water
is still dangerous.

also, my stab at method:

temperature:method=mechanical / fire / natural / material or inherent
temperature:range=cooled / heated / controlled / variable / adjustable

If further detail is needed, then

temperature:mechanical= forced_air_heater / swamp_cooler / freon_AC /
freon_freezer / tankless_heater etc
temperature:fire=fire_pit / fireplace / kerosene_heater / wood_stove

mechanical: whatever method (HVAC, refrigerator unit, oil heater, etc) is used
to heat the item or the air inside the item.
fire: directly burning wood or a material to receive heat (AKA a fireplace, gas
fire pit, stove).
natural: the place is in a situation where it is naturally different from the
ambient temperature of the area (AKA caves in the desert are mild, esp.
compared to right outside the entrance  - both during the hot day and cold
nights. (I think natural is the smallest category of use)
material: the material being moved or the item itself is inherently that
temperature (unnaturally) at that current state - AKA a steam pipe, an exhaust
pipe, a heat exchanger, a refrigerant line.

if we want to get into semantics that a shower could be a cold shower, a warm
shower, and a hot shower, usually, marking “hot” for the temperature means hot
water is available to mix, so it would be:

amenity=showers
temperature=hot

Additional info:

temperature:range=adjustable
temperature:method=mechanical
temperature:mechanical=tankless_electric_heater

but a beach shower, for washing off the sand is

amenity=showers
temperature=cool

additional info:

temperature:range=variable
temperature:method=material  (the water being transported is inherently cool).

anyways, those are my ideas

Javbw