On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 09:09:10PM +0900, John Willis wrote:

> > On Feb 18, 2015, at 5:14 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Am 17.02.2015 um 21:52 schrieb Richard Z. <ricoz....@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Deciding between the two would be always arbitrary
> >

> > I'd not expect practical problems (inside a playground vs not), and
> > distinguishing the two will help when rendering and you wanted different
> > rules according to context
> >

> +1
>
> If the zip line endpoints a get a certain rendering at a certain zoom level,
> having the 10m line in a playground generate aerial way station endpoints in
> the middle of a playground doesn't sound very beneficial.

the key is "certain zoom level".
Aerialways have usually their station buldings/structures mapped/drawn
explicitly
so the default endpoints should necessarilly be fairly tiny anyway to avoid
obstructing the station building when rendered.

> I know that can be mitigated by min length or something, but ultimately a
> playground amenity and an a "adventuring" amenity for adults seems like a
> very different thing - maybe there is a kid and adult version of a zip line -
> and contained inside a playground (or park?) sounds like a good dividing
> line.
>
> It may just be the same cable - but the expectation and purpose is a bit
> different - things a 10 year old operates by themselves next to a swing set
> and something I wear a Harness and crash helmet for seem different. Keeping
> playground equipment separate from adventure "rides" or things as long as
> some cable cars or ski lifts seems appropriate.

Not only the cable but all technical structures may be exactly the same.
This one - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Zip-line_Tirolesa.jpg - looks
pretty much like a playground thing and the expectation of the users is probably
very similar like with a playground zipwire.
Is it a playground? I don't know.
min_age, max_age, maxweight, fee and other access keys would seem far more
important than deciding whether to map it as playground=zipwire or
aerialway=zip_line.

What information do you gain if you make up your mind and map it as either
playground or aerialway zipwire? If you want a specific playground=zipwire
should adventure/climbing parks and ropeway parks get yet another zipwire type?

Btw the playground-type zipwires which I see in nearby parks are around
50 meters, are the 10m types predominant in your place?

Richard