I can't help but keep hoping that a way to tag bus bays emerges as a side
product of this discussion. At the moment I'm resorting to drawing the
platform way, the cycleway or the landuse around them, but there are cases
where the cycleway goes straight through them, as well and that's not
really mapping the feature itself, of course.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/288901664

For somebody who'd, for example, want to make statistics on the number of
such bays, that's totally useless. I know.

Jo