Hi ael,

Am 2015-03-09 um 15:22 schrieb ael:
> I have resorted to changing railway=abandoned to railway=disused
> on several occasions just to get mapnik and friends to render
> bridges. Bridges over roads and rivers are major features of relevance
> to tall vehicles and boats, so really should show up on standard
> rendering.
>
> According to the wiki railway=abandoned applies when the rails have been
> removed, and disused should be used when the rails are still present.
>
> Not suprisingly this has been raised before, as for instance at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Railways.
>
> I don't like tagging for the renderer and normally avoid it, but in this
> case it seems to be necessary to maintain the reputation of OSM/mapnik.

Would you please change this back?! There also other maps using OSM data
which rely on good and exact tagging!
http://openrailwaymap.org

There is no reason to increase "the reputation of OSM-Carto". If it
renders bad images, they bad and the stylesheet has to be fixed, not the
data!

Best regards

Michael