> On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 09:35 -0700, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> >The wiki has a very low correlation to the rendering.
>
> Does it ?  Are you suggesting that there is substantial usage of tags
> that don't appear on the wiki ?  If so, I'd suggest we need to fix the
> wiki.

+1

> > Rendering is not the only goal of OSM data collection.
>
> True, but its still the main goal IMHO. Would you suggest otherwise ?

this really depends on the kind of use that you intend. "routing" and
"geocoding" / "search" / "interactive maps" are important goals as well.
Many attributes that are very common cannot be displayed in a reasonable
way in a rendering, at least not all of them. Think the wikipedia tag for
instance.

Cheers,
Martin