Places where I have visited for computer repair (a couple thousand calls) -
almost all professional buildings - the places that would rent offices to
business people and small firms (Baka, inc) - the lobby has a common reception
center, and the complex is almost always named (the FooBar Professional
Building) - so reception is part of the *building complex* not the company.
You go to “FooBar reception” - not “baka, Inc” reception.

When people tell you to “go to reception and check in” - they don’t mean to go
to reception in their office, they mean to go to reception for the building.
you may not need to link the reception to all the different offices in a
building or even in an office park, as the reception would be inside a single
named landuse, and that is the named landuse people would be going to, just as
people go to a mall and then go to the store in a mall.

The next step up is large suites or whole floor rentals - in that case, the
reception is (usually) the entrance to the floor, and the reception is just for
the company (like a law firm) - and when indoor (and multi-floor modeling)
mapping is finalized, the reception would be a point or area inside the
businesses area, like a parking lot in a business’ landuse. These obvious
receptions are not crucial to be mapped, but receptions in business parks,
large office complexes, individual companies’ large business campuses, etc  are
important, and this is what it is for.

(I think)

Javbw