Maybe amenity=fuel_stand?

Then we can tag it onto existing shops (like a DIY store) or micromap it onto
gas stations.

As long as distribution is non-traditional, a shop selling fuel oil and
cordwood for heating is fine with me (I have to read up on fuel= tagging )

I know there are shops and problem who sell stacked firewood as a fuel - or is
that some other kind of shop?

Javbw