On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 11:06 +1100, Warin wrote:

> No, not a decision for the render but information for the end user .. the
> most important pero=son is the end user!
> 'Customers' first!  :-)
I don't think there are too many "end users" who look up the raw data!

> The map user wants to search for the closest camp sites and then select for
> the features they want.
Agreed, whole heartedly !

> None= nothing other than an area to pitch a tent or park a vehicle.
> Basic = None + a toilet
> Standard = Basic + water
> Comfort = Standard + shower
> First Class = Comfort + cloths washing (+ power?)
> Luxury =Comfort + camp kitchen/swimming pool/restaurant

And a camp ground that has a pool but no cloths washing facility ? Is
the water drinkable ?

BBQ, fire places, defined 'pitches', metered/unmetered power, disabled
toilets, shade, grass, cooking facilities, rec room, launching ramp,
fish cleaning facilities, internet access, pets allowed/not, child/dog
minding capability, credit card facilities .....

Need a category system, for sure, but need a lot of extra data not
implied by the category.

> There is a similar proposal for hotels
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Awards_and_ratings

I think the range, the size of the matrix, is smaller for hotels.

> Get off your unrealistic expectations of instantaneous correct data
Yeah, agree, we are mapping a real world ! Its analogue and it changes.

David