On 26/03/2015 7:25 AM, Jan van Bekkum wrote:

    Using a relation in any case you see all amenities: when I find a
    campground on the map I see a restaurant in its direct
    neighbourhood, etc., even if the relation isn't handled at all by
    the renderer. I am not so afraid of mapping relations. The site
    relation is very simple.

    If I don't know the exact position of the buildings I just use
    different nodes close to one another; this is not worse than using
    a single node for a campground.

I think it is better than the single node as it makes it easy for a mapper to move the relevant node to the correct position when known.

Need to start another topic for this? That would separate it out from "established, unofficial and wild campings".