This is an example of a more general discussion: the distinction between
land use (what it looks like) and what function it has. Similar cases are
being discussed for a building that looks like a church, but is not used
for religious services or a reception desk that is hidden in a non-descript
building, but serves to welcome visitors.

We had an example in Johannesburg of someone who ran two businesses: car
parts and a campground. The reception of the campground was in the car
parts shop two blocks away from the campground. If you have this
information properly mapped you know that you need the function campground
reception, but you look for a car parts shop.

Similarly as a general tourist you are not interested in a scout camp,
therefore the function should be mapped differently. So the land use may be
campground, but the function is not.

Looking at long-term OSM developments one wonders if such a classification
shouldn't replace the current key=value structure: in almost all cases of
main tags the key information is redundant - in tourism=hotel "tourism"
doesn't give any additional information, because there are no other keys
that go with the value hotel; a renderer still may have a lookup table that
links hotel, motel, ... to the category tourism, but that information can
stay outside the OSM database. It even gives confusion (refugee camps
tagged as tourism=camp_site is not correct; the ongoing discussion about
shop=storage_rental or amenity=storage_rental mainly leads to confusion,
just "storage_rental" should be sufficient.