In the same way, there is a tradition of "boiled cookies" in the USA, that are
on the borderline between cookies (biscuits, in British terminology) and candy.
They involve a sticky, sweetened grain, most commonly oatmeal (rolled oats).
Here is an example:
<http://dessert.food.com/recipe/no-bake-chocolate-oatmeal-cookies-23821>