> On May 31, 2015, at 2:20 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> hat's the kind of tags we can use to describe this situation, if it doesn't
> help, maybe you have to be even more specific with the value?

Im saying that unless the building is of particular significance, interest,
and/or obviousness, adding the informationon what the building's architectural
purpose used to be is not helpful.

Ive seen some really good examples - a museum that ised to be a huge church -
thats good.

- it is a significant building - a huge old church - a well known and visual
landmark

- it is an interesting building - now a big museum. People visit it every day.

- it is obvious - a glance wall say "that was an old church"

My 7-11 convenience store turned Ramen shop or futon shop example(s)

- not important - its one of tens of thousands of abandoned and repurposed
shops in Central Japan

- not interesting - the current shop is not important nor of public interest
more than any other shop.

- obvious - it is obviously an old 7-11

My little town in Japan used to be famous for silk production in Japan.
Synthetic fibers destroyed demand, and all the shops and factories closed.

One factory was turned into a weaving museum, allowing people to see ancient
looms and the development of textile machines. It is in a historic "sawtooth"
industrial building. I can see that being the case for building=industrial.

There has to be some kind of suggestion on where the threshold is to document
the architecture *purpose*

I believe the museums are above that threshold, and the ramen shop is below it.

If you know it it is an old Victorian home, then tag it. But famous
architectural style and generic architectural purpose is very different.