> On Jun 8, 2015, at 5:50 PM, Dominik George <n...@naturalnet.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> 1)
>> Access=student - access designated for students of a school/facility,
>> similar to customers of a shop or visitors of a facility. Does not imply
>> age or gender, though it is used at mostly at K-12 facilities. For use
>> with entrance=* or possibly with certain school amenities (Locker rooms,
>> bathrooms, bicycle parking).
>
> Sounds useful, but somehow I see a way that people might forget about
> the „designated“ part, using the tag for for entrances that may be used
> by students *and* other personnel, which would make the entrance
> essentially access=private instead.

We’re talking about the entrances used by several million students every day.

What would happen if we forgot about the "designated” nature access=customers?

>> 2)
>> entrance=inter-building - an entrance that is designated for only moving
>> between buildings in a facility, even if physically accessible from
>> outside. Usually on the ends of an outdoor walkway considered “indoors"
>> because of cultural custom rather than physical access restriction (IE:
>> indoor shoes required). Not to be used on normal outdoor pathway entrances.
>
> Is this about entrance usage or about shoes? If it is about shoes, then
> this seems to matter more for the inter-building *path* than for the
> entrance itself.

I’m not saying about you need to have “inside shoes" on the path… cars drive
over it. I’m saying that the entrance, though accessible from the driveway like
the others, is not to be used except for inter-building foot traffic.

This is because of a custom of separating inside-ouside, leading to extremely
common walkways that are easily visible, mappable - and entrances that are
accessible and visible, but you cannot use - until you have entered the
structure. They are not one-way, as they are entrance/exits - once you start
inside.

besides schools, this happens in temples, hospitals, and other places.

So these entrances are used by the same people - all the people - who just
entered into entrance=yes or main - so putting entrance=yes+access=private
seems wrong  - so I’m looking for a way to tag a entrance as “yeah, you can use
it after went through the entrance=yes/main”

I guess I need a solution for the path access too - because access=private also
seems an incorrect label - or would both be covered by access=inder-building ?

Javbw