> Everything else being the same (taxes, base fuel price, etc), minimum
> service is always about 10-15 cents *cheaper* than self service because
> they're not having to foot the bill for untrained and unknown people
> handling hazardous materials in a light industrial/retail facility.

While I agree that fueling only is minimum service and not full service,
around here (Europe) minimum service is always cheaper than self because
there is someone who does work for you, while in self you will do it and
nobody has to paid for it (there might no even be any staff at the gas
station, and you'll pay in advance at a machine).

Cheers,
Martin