On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 7:47 AM, <p...@trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> you
> > >
> > > In the UK your card is pre-authorised, usually to GBP99, you cannot
> > > easily prepay for an unknown amount.
> > > >
> > > The charge to your card is made after you have filled the car, with the
> > > amount of fuel you have bought.
> >

> > payment in advance is possible with "GCHQ-save" cash as well, no
> > compromising plastic needed ;-)
> >
> Why worry, the ANPR cameras will get you anyway.

I'd honestly be surprised if those are widely employed, because they're
damn near useless.  There's well over 200 varieties of license plates
issued in Oklahoma by the state.  Most of the tribes also have issuing
authority and often have multiple varieties of plates themselves (these can
get quite nuanced, for example, a disabled Cherokee veteran plate replaces
the tribe's seal with the coat of arms, with the flags of the Cherokee
Nation and the country (even if not US) they served for.  Not all of these
plates stick to strictly characters found on a US English keyboard, either
(some varieties of Cherokee plates also have no English on them, though the
number may have English characters).

Do they give change? Otherwise how do you know how much to prepay?

Yes, typically.