On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:29:58 -0400
> Andrew MacKinnon <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to tag roads as being under construction but which
>> are not closed to traffic? I was wondering because Eglinton Avenue in
>> Toronto is under long term construction for the Eglinton LRT
>> (underground light rail) which will not be finished until at least
>> 2020 and a suitably designed router ought to be programmed to avoid
>> this and use a parallel route like Lawrence Avenue instead. I have
>> added the tag construction=yes, but I am not sure if others are using
>> this tag for this purpose.
>
> At least some people are using construction=yes as trolltag (with
> intended meaning equivalent to [highway=construction; construction=*]).
>
>> which will not be finished until at least 2020
>
> In this situation I would decrease road class of partially closed road
> - for example from primary to residential in case where it is open to
>   keep it usable for local residents but not intended for transit
>   traffic. In so long-term cases it would be OK to tag also new
>   maxspeed, lane count etc.

That doesn't make sense. Eglinton Avenue is not a residential road.
There are other construction projects in Toronto, like a section of
the Gardiner Expressway which is narrowed to 2 lanes for construction,
causing massive traffic jams (which we have a lot of in Toronto
anyway). The Gardiner is still highway=motorway.