W dniu 01.09.2015 11:49, Mateusz Konieczny napisał(a):
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:32:37 +1000
Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

highway-=path with bicycle=yes

This is merely allowed cycling, not a cycleway.

That's why I would reserve highway=path just for not constructed pedestrian ways - just like many people assume it to be, because this meaning is clearly popular and needed. We will still have some generic "Swiss knife" types of ways, but at least it will be really known they are composite, and not specific and generic meanings packed together, which is the main source of confusion.

So the:

highway=path
bicycle=yes

would mean "not constructed pedestrian way with bicycles explicitly allowed", while the really mixed way could be tagged like:

highway=mixed/composite
footway=yes
cycleway=yes

Of course not constructed way for pedestrians and equestrians is also possible, even with bicycles allowed:

highway=mixed/composite
path=yes
bridleway=yes
bicycle=yes

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]