A route should be verifiable on the ground.

Verifiable via publication (paper, website etc) should not be used as a reason to add to OSM. Where would you stop? Would you, for instance, allow someone who writes an internet blog 'Where I walk my dog' & displays a GPX of the route? As Frederick has pointed out, there are exceptions but doesn't validate these routes inclusion.

Dave F.