Von: Hans De Kryger <hans.dekryge...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 17. Oktober 2015 02:27
An: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Cc: Gerd Petermann
Betreff: Re: [Tagging] how to tag a "highway" that doesn't exist?

Let me know if you need any help.

Regards,
Hans

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/TheDutchMan13
[http://www.openstreetmap.org/assets/osm_logo-0e19527a1cc9fdf566c217d6e1863d88cac7bb743914792dea5d8db813501ad6.png]<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/TheDutchMan13>

OpenStreetMap | TheDutchMan13
OpenStreetMap is the free wiki world map. ... "Changing the world one edit at a
time" In love with OpenStreetMap! I mostly map within the borders of Arizona.
Weitere Informationen...<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/TheDutchMan13>

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoni...@gmail.com<mailto:matkoni...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:35:08 +0000
Gerd Petermann
<gpetermann_muenc...@hotmail.com<mailto:gpetermann_muenc...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> forgive me if this was discussed before:
> There seems to be a need to map highways which do not exist.
> I understand the idea that we map highway=proposed / highway=planned
> as this might be used to visualize a plan, I can also understand that
> we have tags like highway=dismantled and highway=razed (which seem to
> mean the same) but why do we have ways with
> highway=x-residential , highway=unbuilt ,  highway=neverbuilt, and
> several more with similar meaning ?
> They all seem to describe ways which where once added as normal
> highway=* to the database and later someone found out that there is
> no highway, but did not dare to remove the way.
>
> Is that meant to document something important?
>
> Gerd

Purpose of such objects is to ensure that armchair mappers will not
remap it again. Object with note=* seem better than highway=neverbuilt.

In case of low risk of remapping by armachair mappers such ways may be
safely deleted.