On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:priority
>
> Would there be any major objection to expanding the priority key to include
> two way, multilane situations?  Example would be a two way street that was
> formerly a one-way street, and has signal timings as if it were a one-way
> street (thus the green wave turns into the red crawl if you're going the
> direction opposite the de-facto priority).

I'd rather keep that key solely for cases of "legal" priority of one direction
on the road segment in question. Both might effectively slow you down, but
in the "legal" case driving there is a different from "just slow" red
light crawl.

There have been some proposals in the past in the wiki for various
approaches to recording the fact that the delays are higher than could
be normally expected, but I'm not aware of any of them ever having
gained any support.

--
alv