Bjoern Hassler wrote:
> Second question: network. The wiki page
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/London_public_transport_tagging_scheme
> doesn't say much about "network", and these values are in use:
>
> - London Underground
> - National Rail
> - Network Rail
> - London Overground
> - TfL
> - District and Hammersmith & City Lines
>
> I would propose to retain the first four

Network Rail isn't a network, it's the company (FSVO company) that owns and
operates Britain's rail infrastructure. Anything tagged network=Network Rail
should probably be network=National Rail.

There is a slight factual impropriety as London Overground is properly part
of the National Rail network; it's little different to a strongly branded
PTE-run franchise like Merseyrail. But how you resolve this without getting
ridiculously trainspottery I don't know.

Richard