On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Bjoern Hassler <bjohas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So - when I review an object (with no source information provided in the
> tags), and can clearly see it on bing, then would it not be useful to add
> this information to the tags, as a verification? We don't know how it was
> originally added, but the satellite view verifies this

As Tom Pfeiifer already indicated in this thread, for this type of
meta information, you also have to look at the history of the object.
When you do that, you'll see the changeset comments and tags which can
also provide valuable information on the source(s) that were used to
map a feature.

Also, in many places Bing is not providing the best or more recent
imagery, so what is the value to add
"double_checked_with_Bing2012"-tag when more recent imagery from
another provider is available ?

regards