On 2016-10-25 23:32, Warin wrote:

> ? You are not proposing removing all the English names from the data base?!
>
> The entered tags should be left in the data base.

If they are considered to be in agreement with the consensus view as to
their contents.

> How they are used (rendered) is your issue.

The renderer is entitled to expect the data to comply with the consensus
view, while accepting that there will inevitably be non-compliant data
in the database - which should be capable of being brought into
compliance.

Simply saying it's the renderers problem sounds like disclaiming all
responsibility for the quality of the data. We should take collective
responsibility for the quality of the data, and not pretend it is
somebody else's problem.

//colin