On 08-Feb-17 06:51 PM, François Lacombe wrote:
Hi Warin,

Do you have pictures of such areas plz ?

I don't see anything corresponding to 'reserve'

All the best

Not personally ... and it is a fair way away. As I say .. reported on the Australian group.
I assume there is a sign locally to advise on the 'pipeline reserve'.

Gas pipe lines cover fair distances in Australia ..

One line is 1,300 km here https://www.apa.com.au/our-services/gas-transmission/east-coast-grid/moomba-sydney-pipeline/

The reserve might be up to 25 meters wide from https://www.seagas.com.au/safety/ Photo of their warning sign http://www.seagas.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/danger.jpg I have seen similar signs for gas and fibre optic lines in my wanderings, some warning of a restriction in use of area above the line - thus advising of a restrictive reserve.

There will be local storm water, potable water lines too.
Long distant buried communication lines too, a number over 8,500 km. At least some of these will have 'reserves' evident on the surface.