On 12-Feb-17 03:10 AM, Volker Schmidt wrote:
I would like to get this discussion back to my original question. I used about 30 camp or caravan sites in the USA and most of them had self-service coin-operated washers and dryers. These are services like toilets and convenience stores for their customers. You also find these in most US motels. The number of machines varied from one washing machine plus one dryer to five ore more, depending on the size of the site. In most cases they were in separate rooms labelled "Laundry". For the convenience store on a camp site I would happily use the shop key whereas for the laundry facilities I would prefer something like
washing_machine=yes|NUMBER
dryer =yes|NUMBER
In alternative, simply laundry=yes
All three could go on a campsite node or areas or on buildings on the campsite. I do not expect no-fee laundry facilities, differently from showers.

I would see these as sub tags for laundry=yes, much like self_service <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:self_service>=/yes/no. /so they would be used with laundry=yes tag. A warning example is the dryer key ... that feature can also be taken as a drying room in the UK, fruit drying in agriculture... by using it with the laundry tag the confusion is removed. //To document them I would use the discussion page of laundry ... /http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:shop%3Dlaundry///This keeps them off the 'approved' status page of laundry. /
/
washing_machine=yes is implied in laundry=yes, as such I would not suggest it./

/