On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 19:15 +0200, Colin Smale wrote:
> Just to add a dimension... At many stations in NL and UK at least,
> trains of different lengths stop at different places along the
> platform, roughly so the middle of the train is by the exit. So this
> will need multiple stop positions on each platform. These are signed
> for the train driver.

Or the exit is at the back of the train in the case of my local
station, but I'm just being pedantic there.
The main issue with stop positions is that they cannot be associated
with a route, the position will depend on which platform the train is
routed through and the length of the train. The best OSM can do is
route to the station and then its look at, or wait for, the information
boards.
Phil (trigpoint)