Am 16.05.2017 um 12:20 schrieb Warin:
On 16-May-17 06:01 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

The tag in the first proposal wasn't chosen badly, it was insufficiently
defined. Office is not a good tag for the public facing frontend with counters
etc.

I disagree.
Shops frequently have counters etc for the public facing front end.
Some offices do too... lawyers, accountants, insurance, etc... have a counter
for customers to arrive at.
Should all these things be lumped in to the key amenity??? I think not!
Office is the correct place for it./"A place predominantly selling services."
/Nothing here about how it is configured.
I generaly agree with an office being /"a place //predominantly selling services"/ but maybe the definition is not specific enough. Let's have a look at some examples. Laundries, dry cleaners, hairdressers, massage shops, tattoo parlours, money lenders, lottery shops, ticket shops, copyshops all predominantly sell services, yet they are all classified being shops. Banks and post offices are amenities. I would say a courier outlet is much more like a laundry or a copyshop than like a lawyer or inscurance. On the other hand it is very close to a post office. So amenity and shop come to my mind way before an office.

In another post Andrew Davidson has correctly identified 'Post Office' and
they are, I would, think to most people around the world viewed differently
from couriers.

I will quote it here to save you looking:
/The Universal Postal Union is an international organisation that coordinates postal policies among its 192 member countries. ////One of the requirements of membership is that countries must nominate the "operator or operators officially designated to operate postal services" on their territory (//http://www.upu.int/uploads/tx_sbdownloader/questionnaireNotificationOfTheEntityResponsibleCircularLetterEn.pdf//). /

Well, times are changing and I wouldn't use UPU for any definition on our side. Would you call a DHL parcel outlet a post office? DHL being a brand of Deutsche Post is the German operator officially designated to operate postal services as defined by UPU.

While a post office seems to still be a certain institution in many countries in many others it is not. I cannot even recall when I have been to one the last time. All these other available places that have sprung up over the past years (couriers, postal shops inside shops, private mail operators etc.) take up most of the post office functions. So I am very reluctant to treat them any differently.

Tobi