> On Jul 1, 2017, at 6:04 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> in this case you could consider landuse=industrial IMHO.

I see that landuse=railway is rendered as industrial in osm-carto, and it seems
like other long-term infrastructure (power towers, communication towers) are
suggested to be landuse=industrial.

I really think there should be some kind of subtag then, because not only can
you define what and why you are tagging, but it allows presets to be easily
created in iD and searched by new taggers.

industrial=power, industrial=communication, etc.

if the industrial landuse is supposed to be used outside factory grounds and
major industrial centres (such as a fenced off tower in a rice field or an
isolated comm building on a mountain), then we should consider a subtag to help
define such uses, or it will be too ambiguous.

Javbw