How do you map individual plants with berries of patches with herbs? I need
this for a smal garden with 1 Strawberry plant and 1 grape plant. For the
apple and learn trees in the garden  I can use the tree tag with
genus/taxon. Don't know what to use for the non-trees.

Op 30 jul. 2017 01:13 schreef "Warin" <61sundow...@gmail.com>:

> [...]
>>
>> - In an orchard, plants are cultivated which are perennial, the plants
>>    have continuance. Usually only the fruit of the plants are picked.
>>    From satellite imagery, orchards usually appear as systematically
>>    planted bushes/trees or rows of hedges separated by corridors (for
>>    machines/workers)
>>
>> - Farmland grows plants that are harvested as a whole (i.e. with
>>    tractors), thus the actual crop can change during the years and
>>    even several times within a year (see crop rotation) as after the
>>    harvest, nothing is left from the plant. On satellite imagery,
>>    they usually appear as an acre, meadow (when fallow) or densely
>>    planted high grass/cereals.
>>

> Some orchards are harvested using tractors too...  so that is not a
> deciding factor of orchard to farmland.
>

> Crop rotation can be tagged using multiple values
>
> e.g. produce=wheat;barley Farmers will follow market trends compatible
> with their equipment and farm soil/climate .. fairly consistent choices for
> them.
>

>> Apart from that, I generally agree with those that answered that they
>> would prefer "produce" - for the same reasons. Especially for things
>> like oil_palms, banana_plants, coffee_plants, vanilla_plants, the
>> various types of berries etc. the "trees" key does not really fit.
>>
>> Moving forward, would anyone think that "produce" is definitely the
>> wrong key to use for detailing on the produce/crop/type of orchards? (I
>> am not rallying to make the other two keys deprecated here, this is just
>> about which of the three keys the app should use to add a tag.)
>>

> The keys 'tree' and 'crop' are not universal to the output of 'farms' eg
> oysters, where as the key 'produce' looks to be universal.
>
> The key 'tree' is being misused to tag things that are not trees e.g.
> strawberry plants.
>
> A mapper sees plants in a field and they are worth mapping.
> But in terms of what comes out the farm gate, the produce key is best.
>

>> Greetings
>> Tobias
>>
>> P.S: Here is a list of different types of produce (of orchards aka
>> plantations) we identified. Currently mostly "translated" to the
>> "trees"-tagging:
>> https://github.com/rugk/crops-parser/blob/master/osmcrops.csv
>>

> The list is for the key 'crop'.
>
> And it contains some that could be better - e.g.  crop=walnut_trees ...
> the tree is not the crop/produce.
>
> It may be possible to have a more structured approach as the table hints
> at with crop=nut.
>
> For example
>
> produce=nut
>
> nut=walnut
>
> produce=vegetable
>
> vegetable=tomato
>
> The OSMwiki page on produce has some more thoughts .. (at least some are
> mine - use with caution!)
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce

>>> Taginfo is your friend to find out what tags are most commonly used.

>>> landuse=orchard + crop=*: 4.9k cases