On 2017년 09월 16일 00:56, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
I have seen a few mappers recently adding
contact:[ yelp | tripadvisor | foursquare ]
to businesses.

IMHO these are not means of contact, instead these are review websites. While I personally think that we do not need them in OSM at all, they certainly do not belong in the contact:* namespace.

Opinions?
Tom

Agree on both. Often the yelp, tripadvisor, forusquare, facebook page of a company/place/restaurant can be found easier then their own page, because the SEO of those pages is much better. These review sites come and go. They are private, commercial services. They can be easily found by your favourite search engine or by entering the name string of the place together with the city in the search of the service. I don't see why they should be in the OSM database.

m.