Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> I have seen a few mappers recently adding
> contact:[ yelp | tripadvisor | foursquare ]
> to businesses.
>
> IMHO these are not means of contact, instead these are review websites. While
> I personally think
> that we do not need them in OSM at all, they certainly do not belong in the
> contact:* namespace.

These tags would be very useful for a OSM based service that would allow
a user to search for POIs and not only display their name, website,
phone number, if they are open at the moment, but also reviews. Reviews
are a feature that is missing in OSM at the moment, but that is very
important for end users.

Yelp, Foursquare and Tripadvisor are the three big review services and
they don't seem to disappear in the near future. Wikidata also has
properties for all three. It's obviously not spam.

OSM does or at least should contain structured information. So it should
be preferable to map IDs, not URLs. See also (in german, sorry!):

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Reclus#Bewertungswebsites

Businesses can claim their entry on all three services. So it's a bit
like a Facebook page (contact:facebook) then. (In fact an entry that is
not claimed is similar to a Facebook place page.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foursquare#Foursquare_for_business
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yelp#Features_for_businesses

IMHO these services don't fit perfectly into contact:, but it's better
to use contact: – which is not completly wrong, s.a. – than to use no
prefix/namespace or a new prefix/namespace only for these three.

Reclus