On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Steve Doerr wrote:

   On 07/12/2017 18:31, Marco Boeringa wrote:

>      College, as Vao Matua also pointed out, usually refers to secondary
> school / high school age education

    Not in the UK, I'm afraid. It tends to refer to adult education of one
form or another. Or else an alternative to school for 17-to-18-year-olds
('sixth-form college').

Steve,

My point was that the term College in *Samoa* refers to secondary school /
high school age education. Not a statement about the use in all countries,
thanks for helping me understand the UK meaning.
Presently I am an instructor at a tertiary education institution that is
called a college.
All this is to say that the term "college" like many other terms has varied
meanings to different people.