Adam, Martin,

thanks for your input. It seems that one cannot only rely on what one
sees from the street, or at least not always. Sometimes the name
(church vs cathedral) has to be used to determine the value for
building.
I've seen pubs in all kind of buildings in Belgium, from being located
in terraced houses, over train stations and villas to old manor
houses. I doubt there is really a "pub"-building type here.

I guess there will always be cases were we can debate whether a type is X or Y.

regards

m.