Hi

At present decaying features look to have the following progression for me;

disused:  wiki documented - where it can be readily put back into service

abandoned:wiki documented   - where a good deal of work would be needed to put back into service.

ruin: no wiki documented - where a totally new feature build would be cheaper than a rebuild.

raised: no wiki documented - where most of the feature has been removed, so little remains that it is hard to distinguish.

 and then finally gone: or archaeology: where it would take archaeology to find traces of it! I think most would see this as not belonging to OSM but rather OHM.

I note that;

ruin is used with buildings .. but as the sub tag ruin=yes.

raised: is in use.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Demolished_Railway suggest using railway=razed (amongst other things) ..

yet that can not be used with other features such as a railway station!

Presently I am using gone: as a path to placing some things on OHM.

Once I am happy that they have gone across to OHM I should then delete them from OSM.

Questions (to get some thoughts from others)

Should the following be adopted and if so with what definitions?

1) ruin: - where a totally new feature build would be cheaper than a rebuild.

2) raised: - where most of the feature has been removed, so little remains that it is hard to distinguish.