No, In my opinion is not a good idea to delete an existing thing in OSM.
History is also part of OSM. Why do we have to respect the historic thing
in a node or way not deleting them if then we then delete the whole thing.
Lifecycle prefix can achieve these items inside OSM. Also it is not a good
idea to expulse the information to other third or related projects...that
one day can be gone. Because if the info is in OSM one day other related
project can recover the map with that data (e.g. parking map). If the
information is in other related project, when the project dies (as Mapzen
for example) , information dies too. If the info disturb one good idea
would be change osm-carto, the render, but no the database as it is not a
good idea in other situations. We don't map for the render.

Salut i història (Health and History)
yopaseopor