Your explanation clearly spoke of a space between words.
I was referring to syllables only as an example.
In French also there are nonbreakable space like for "M. Dupont".
I don't think it's the right place to put grammar rules in osm.
imho we need a place where all tools that need it can retrieve it.
this does not prevent you from asking that the tools use a non-breakable
space as an alias for space for query.
in the same way that some tools are able to find an object
with wrong name="St Pierre" if you request "Saint-Pierre".
But imho this remains a mistake, and error management is often desirable.

>>> Marc