My view, as a person adding things to the data base.

The public transport v2 documentation that I found is not good.
I had difficulty in deciding what to do and
used an iterative approach with the OA tools OSMinspector and JOSM validator to
come up with something that might work.

I'm yet to do a diary entry on it... basically documenting what I found that
satisfies these 'rules'.