on top of that documentation is not clear atleast when I was trying to
learn how to tag bus routes. The only way I understood was a google hangout
video on youtube(OSM US?) showing how they tagged it.

Add relations and direction of ways (forwards, backwards) and it's a very
time consuming task to upgrade v1 to v2, especially if bus routes change.

ID is not the greatest too for the job either, so not everyone will spin up
JOSM to edit bus routes