sent from a phone

> On 11. May 2018, at 18:18, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have this problem even at this moment
> (since you apply another definition than many other mappers), but we
> can refer you, new mappers and  data consumers to the wiki page and
> say this is how it should be done.

we could do this also with a changed definition. We would assume everything to
be tagged according to the new definition and if it doesn’t fit it should be
corrected, and people could be referred to the wiki ;-)

On the other hand I agree it is a hard step, and transitioning via a new tag
would be more sane / cause few problems.

Paul mentioned Linux Kernel changes but it isn’t really comparable, because the
Kernel is not something depending on the user actions/adoption, it is decided
top down and the users ideally will not even notice changes. Changing a tag
definition is more like changing the interpretation of a code word in
legislation, e.g. the meaning of “must” or “should” (simple examples, excuse my
ignorance of english legislation, but I hope you understand what I try to say).
This is AFAIK never done, because nobody can oversee all the consequences for
all legal texts.

Cheers,
Martin