14. May 2018 01:45 by ethnicfoodisgr...@gmail.com
<mailto:ethnicfoodisgr...@gmail.com>:

>> Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 16:51:26 -0400
>> From: Bryan Housel <>> br...@7thposition.com
>> <mailto:br...@7thposition.com>>> >
>> To: osm-tagging <>> tagging@openstreetmap.org
>> <mailto:tagging@openstreetmap.org>>> >
>> Subject: Re: [Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes
>>

>> [...]
>> It kind of makes one question whether a community edited wiki is a good way
>> to standardize a tagging scheme intended to produce a coherant mapping
>> dataset.  Bold suggestion: maybe the people who write the tools should just
>> get together over beers and decide what all the tags should be.  I’ll buy!
>>

>> [...]

At least in part it an be easily done: whenever some tag is obviously a
terrible idea from

perspective of using data document it on Wiki.

If some new tag is necessary - document it on Wiki (I did it, both from side of
somebody using

OSM data and from side of mapper that is currently not using data).

If somebody is interested anybody may do this.