On 06/06/2018 13:37, Andy Townsend wrote:
On 06/06/2018 11:48, Peter Elderson wrote:
This issue has a long history... seems to me tagging awaits rendering, and rendering awaits tagging. In such cases, you need a commitment from both sides, with enough support to fuel trust. Then things can get rolling.

Speaking as someone who both adds things to the map and maintains a map style, only the second of those is really true

I'll have to disagree here. I'm more than willing to use 'landcover' but deterred as it's not render supported. As a mapper I want to see my edits appear on maps. I see nothing wrong in that. I want to emphasis I'm not 'tagging incorrectly to suit the render'. landuse=grass is a valid tag.

Landcover /is/ well established. As you note, there is "The endless debate" about it.

DaveF