sent from a phone

> On 7. Jun 2018, at 10:46, Christoph Hormann <o...@imagico.de> wrote:
>
>  Get over it, accept that people have made bad choices
> of keys when choosing tags and concentrate on encouraging and helping
> people to choose suitable keys when newly creating tags (in a
> productive way of course, not just by rejecting any idea as bad).

how would we judge suitability of the key without semantics? What is the common
criterion for landuse if it is not about landuse, or for tourism if it is not
about tourism?

I believe it would be better to fix those very few cases of truly bad choices
(e.g. values contradicting the key definition), rather than asking from new
contributors (i.e. probably much more people than the current mappers) to get
around with an unnecessarily confusing classification system of orthogonal
classes under the same key.

Cheers, Martin