From: Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 18 June 2018 17:35
To: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

On 18/06/18 16:24, osm.tagg...@thorsten.engler.id.au
<mailto:osm.tagg...@thorsten.engler.id.au>  wrote:

From: Graeme Fitzpatrick  <mailto:graemefi...@gmail.com>
<graemefi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 18 June 2018 16:01
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
<mailto:tagging@openstreetmap.org> <tagging@openstreetmap.org>

while some show a shape in one image, but other's, possibly during the northern
winter, show an empty deserted beach.

I would consider lifeguard=place to be still acceptable for these if there is
some defined time when a lifeguard is present. Maybe specified with a seasonal
tag or opening_hours (e.g. only on weekends or something like that).

If it is not near water .. then how does it match the general perception of
'lifeguard'?

Definition of lifeguard - an expert swimmer employed to rescue bathers who get
into difficulty at a beach or swimming pool.

Where did I ever say something else?

The one particular case I quoted, and for which I said lifeguard=place might
still apply is “where a shape is visible in some imagery, but not in other”
showing an “empty deserted *beach*”. Which pretty clearly implies that it’s
near water.

I don’t think just because a lifeguard=place isn’t there 24/7, 365 days a year
means it isn’t a lifeguard=place.

Which is why I said that tags like seasonal (e.g. only in summer) or
opening_hours (e.g. only on weekend, only in specific know times, …) might
apply.