Personally, I would tag most bus shelters as building=roof.

But for e.g. sun_shelter (which are usually just fabric spanned between poles)
building=roof would be wrong.

From: Bryan Housel <bhou...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 19 June 2018 00:47
To: Jo Willems <winfi...@gmail.com>; osm-tagging <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] `amenity=shelter` implies `building=yes`?

Thanks for clarifying Jo - I think this is all ok as long as we give users the
option to say whether they think their `amenity=shelter` is a building or not.
 For the bus shelters I could see it as either way but would not override a
local mapper’s choice.

Maybe we should start a separate thread for “what is a `building=*` really”
because this is something I see frequent confusion over.

Thanks, Bryan

On Jun 18, 2018, at 10:29 AM, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com